Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Truro Vineyards

So , another wonderful place to visit on the Cape is Truro Vineyards. It's about another half hour east of Brewster on route 6, on the way to Provincetown. (http://www.trurovineyardsofcapecod.com/‎)
(image retrieved from: http://brendanbenfeeney.com/galleries/nouns-persons-places-things/) I have been several times with girlfriends for wine tastings. You must participate in this if you visit and purchase the glass for $8, I think. A fun keepsake. I went recently with my hubby to sit on the beautiful grounds and enjoy a glass of wine. We sat in a double Adirondack chair and soaked in the sun and scenery. There is a lovely gift shop with all kinds of wine goodies and wine to purchase. Truro Vineyards is a family business. The property was built in 1813 and served as a farm for many years. From Memorial Day through Columbus Day you can take guided tours through the vineyard and the winery. It is fascinating to hear about the process of growing, harvesting, and making the wine.
(image retrieved from: http://www.newenglandmagazine.com/2011/07/18/truro-vineyards-more-than-grapes-and-wine/) If you check out the website, listed at the top of the page, you will see the many events they have scheduled for the summer. My friends like to participate in the wine stomping in the fall. I have missed the last few years, but plan to make it this year!
(image retrieved from: http://www.wickedlocal.com/truro/news/x1903465424/Grape-stomp-Sunday-at-Truro-Vineyards *copy and paste link to read an article about the grape stomp last year!!)

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy wine tastings! I would love to go to the Napa Valley some day. My older sister and her husband went there and had a great time. I didn't know people really mashed the grapes with their feet! They got a chance to do that and had a blast! The Truro Vineyards looks and sounds like an amazing place to get some wine culture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to Napa Valley, too. Field trip?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wine tastings and the experience at wineries! I am so glad to have a recommendation for a place on the Cape. Hopefully, once the off season hits and there are less people I can take a day trip down there.

    ReplyDelete