Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Ocean House, Dennisport MA

The Ocean House Restaurant is located in Dennisport ( http://oceanhouserestaurant.com/home/). It is not found in my little town of Brewster, but I wanted to blog about it because it is a restaurant you don't want to miss when you are visiting the Cape. It's tucked away, but worth pulling out the GPS to find it. The view is magical, as you can see from this picture. You will be lucky to get one of the window seats in the summer. It is a good idea to have a reservation. Parking is extremely limited and you will need a few extra dollars in your wallet to tip the valet. As you can see, this restaurant is "fine dining". The presentation of the food is worth taking a picture of! If you love seafood, this is the place to go.
 
If you aren't in the mood for a meal, but want a fun time with friends overlooking Nantucket Sound while listening to live music, then you need to hit their beach bar.
 
This was the view last night. I met some friends for a few hours at the beach bar. There was a wonderful singer, Harry French, rocking out Jimmy Buffet and Zac Brown tunes on his guitar. It was a perfect little escape.
                                 

8 comments:

  1. What an absolutely stunning view!! I wish I was there checking on blogs at a table with a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a PERFECT way to get our assignments done! I'll meet you there. lol

      Delete
  2. I think you just hit all of my favorite things in that post!! I am definatley going to have to make that a place to visit. The view looks amazing, sunset remarkable and music is right up my alley! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! This is definitely the kind of place my husband and I would enjoy. We love small hidden treasures along the beach. The atmosphere and music is just our style! I guess the Cape is going to have to become one of our adventures in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fiancé and I live for trying out new restaurants...and our favorite thing to do is splurge on a nice fancy one every once in a while ;) The Ocean House seems like it would be the perfect place to do just that! Now...to get ourselves on the exact opposite end of the country...haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to check this place out. Hopefully I will get to see this awesome sunset picture you posted as well. It looks like the epitome of relaxation and sunshine. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if any of you ladies make it down here, be sure to get in touch with me! Would be fun to have an ECOMP toast!!!

    ReplyDelete